Dismiss Notice
Hi, you need to make an account with Steam to register and post on the forums. You can sign up with the sign up button which is shown on the forum's index page.

Development Thread - Post your shit, wave your dick.

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by rusty, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Vented

Vented Proffesional File Leaker

Thank you @danku-chan for the clip! I wouldn't be here without you.

• Like Like x 3
  2. TeckDeck

TeckDeck Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Why thank you danku!

3. TeckDeck

• Like Like x 2
    • Kino Kino x 1
    • Lua King Lua King x 1
  4. TacticalToaster

TacticalToaster Well-Known Member Regular Member

Currently working on a custom schema called Solar, right now got basic survival and looting mechanics in. I'm starting to create weather and environmental hazards, which will be one of biggest driving forces of gameplay, but non of them are even close to done at this time. Here's a demonstration of the very basic vitals system and the improved medical items.

For the demonstration, the tick speed for changing and checking of vitals was sped up to ten seconds, it's much higher in practice to give the player a decent amount of time to find food/water and other things to keep them from dying to the survival mechanics to fast.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. TacticalToaster

Started work on a mask overlay system that can work with any clothing item. Along with that, I got a very basic clothing condition/damage system, where clothing items can get damaged. Currently, the only thing that is noticeable is glass cracks in the mask overlay, but later the condition of the suit will determine how effective it is at protecting you from hazards.

• Like Like x 4
  6. TacticalToaster

Got a rough version of what solar flares will be, and also a rough version of ambient radiation that you get from exposure to the sun. Basically, whenever a flare occurs, it increases the ambient radiation, and resets it when it ends. If you are exposed to the skybox, then your radiation increases. Suits can reduce this exposure, but none will be perfect in practice, especially if they become damaged.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TJR | Goose

TJR | Goose Active Member

that font sucks

8. TacticalToaster

Yeah, I intend on changing it, it's mainly just a placeholder until I can find a better one that fits.

• Hot! Hot! x 1
  9. TeckDeck

something i started working on tonight

kwik update

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Lua King Lua King x 1
  10. rusty

rusty Active Member

I haven't been able to work on much recently because my time has been totally sucked up by life. I did start a new framework, though. Since data seems to be the biggest flaw in every framework to date, I decided to start from there and wrote this:

https://pastebin.com/8Zcr0gCM

Any frequent operation is transactional, and it uses coroutines to facilitate very easy database access without needing to use callbacks. Very efficient, and solves a lot of the issues I've always had with frameworks like Nutscript and Clockwork.

• Like Like x 2
    • Lua King Lua King x 1