Dismiss Notice
Hi, you need to make an account with Steam to register and post on the forums. You can sign up with the sign up button which is shown on the forum's index page.

Atomic Mojave Sands

Discussion in 'Communities' started by Mattster, Jul 18, 2019.

Moderators: gabs, Reagent, Vlad
  1. Mattster

Mattster New Member

[​IMG]
    -
    Discord
    Forums
    -​
    'You find yourself in Serenity, a small town offering shelter just off the old US Route 95. The region lies around fifteen miles south of Searchlight, on the road north to Vegas - a city rumoured to be untouched by the destruction of the Great War. The road north to Searchlight and beyond is treacherous, going through a barren and untamed section of the Mojave Desert.

The NCR does not patrol the northern stretch of highway and squads are rarely sent across it. Rumours of encounters with wildlife and raiders on the path north are abundant. However abundant the rumours of deadly encounters are, they do not nearly match the amount of tales of those who never reached Searchlight. It is hard to tell just how many make the perilous journey, with no means of ever hearing from them again as they move on in the world, never to be seen again. This pocket of life in the harsh Mojave offers the chance to mould your future, to steer your path however you please. Like any area of America following the war, there are plenty of hidden activities and opportunities. Rumours of metal men walking the sands through the haze of the scorching heat are ever present and linger like the warm fresh air.

Serenity offers a foothold of life and promise in a barren and desolate wasteland, with neighbouring towns and an ever present NCR garrison. However, the future of Serenity hangs in the balance, with the harsh conditions of the wasteland and the growing threat of Legion and raider activity in the east. The weak and thinly stretched NCR forces could yet be forced to leave. Your fate and the fate of the region will inevitably be moulded through the actions of yourself and others.

This is where your story begins.'

[​IMG]
    -
    Mojave Sands is a roleplay server with strong focus on interactions and character development, specifically the loadout and skill specialization/prioritization of your character will determine the outcome of your actions in many roleplay scenarios, taking inspiration from classic tabletop style roleplay that birthed many popular RPGs, as such rolls will be mainly centred around specific attributes which will make roleplay much more engaging and interesting and (in a sense) more thoughtful giving much more importance to how you develop your character and carefully think out their background and their experience and even how you prioritize working with others that may maximise your effectiveness as a group, something that I believe has been lost in the context of HL2RP which has very little necessity for careful skill allocation and interesting past experiences that affect technical knowledge.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The general focus of the overarching plot of the roleplay is a struggle for power between the two main factions that both start in a very weak state. This will allow for a dynamic evolution of the balance of power that will affect the roleplay as a whole. There are plotlines set up for a wide range of quests and tasks that can be completed by individuals and by factions as a whole that will alter the prevalence of individuals and factions which will allow for a great degree of player emegernece, this includes unique and tailored lines to be pursued, such as; power struggles within the ranks of the Caesar's Legion, The NCR's struggle to hold Serenity in the midst of violence, Mafia/mob activities plaguing the streets of Serentiy and threatening the stability of the local authority. Factions can be influenced and changed by the lines that are pursued, such as making the Brotherhood come out of isolation or making the Legion pursue tactics of subversive infiltration. All the factions that will be involved in some way in the plot are as follows:

• New California Republic
    • Caesar's Legion
    • Crimson Caravan
    • Brotherhood of Steel
    • Enclave
    • Raiders

Other groups will emerge such as Supermutants and nightkin as soon as their presence is beckoned by IC justification, and the ability to RP as certain wasteland creatures and robots will be permitted with some restrictions, RPing as deathclaws etc for example seems out of bounds at this moment in time and instead dogs and Mr. Handys for example will be allowed but this will become much clearer with time depending on player interest through applications for characters etc.

The map we are using on opening is gm_drystate, here is a range pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Throughout time in the server interacting with players and the environment, some characters will act as quest givers, and these can be naturally occuring (regular players may give tasks to others and reward or react to this) and also the opportunity to complete tasks with admins acting as overseers (much like DMs) and rewarding attribute boosts and other rewards to further develop characters.

Overall, the main summary of this server as a set of ideals are:
    • Dynamic story driven roleplay with player actions and consequences
    • Focus on attributes and character development
    • Rich faction opportunities and interactions
    • Heavy opportunities for player and faction emergence

Thank you for reading, if you have any questions or suggestions or just want to show some interest the forums and discord are linked at the top of this post, I would be happy to talk about anything you are interested in or wish to dispute etc. Once again, thank you.

-
    Mojave Sands will open Sunday 21/07 at around 7PM BST.
    -

Server IP: 89.34.96.27:27135

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
  2. Pistol P

Pistol P Site Director Site Director

Not really a fallout fan but I think its cool that servers are going back to a tabletop feel. Frusturating thing is, people try to factor this into S2RP gameplay and it starts to feel slow and convoluted, not to mention unfair when you are on a server that lets you develop these skill stats over time. I say just restrict it to flavor unless you plan on implementing it in an S2K context (see Alexpill)

3. Mattster

Mattster New Member

This is a big discussion point in the staff team, as of opening the default state of gun combat will be S2K but with an inbuilt S2M percentile that is actually slightly influenced by perception stat, currently working on a way of getting the relevant attributes to also influence this with the weapon type that is being used. In some closed scenarios S2RP with stat rolls would work but the last thing we want to do is to turn Fallout into a slow and tedious process for all parties involved, not to mention the sort of stalling and arguing that happens when some people do not play in good faith, the only issue is the double edged nature of this and how we could have massive massacres happen because someone run'n'gunned everyone in sight. It's something we'll work on and probably fiddle around with over time. Another idea was to have the area outside of the spawn town as a sorta anything-goes wasteland with as much action as possible, making it very dangerous, so players can chose to avoid going out there if they want to passive RP.

• Frundtech Frundtech x 2
  4. Cashflow

Cashflow Zach Nato Patron

A fallout rp by a fidel cashflow fan? I'm simply impressed.

5. zigbomb

zigbomb Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I've seen a lot of these Fallout servers, and I've never seen a one that has been around long enough for me to even get on and play. They all wash away and die so quickly. It looks cool, maybe someday I'll check it out, but most likely not just because of my lack of interest in Garry's Mod as of late. Best of luck.

6. Cashflow

Should of played The Spire Roleplay, Zigbomb..

7. Robert Rodriguez

Robert Rodriguez Well-Known Member Regular Member

Looks neato, I'll give it a try

8. Cashflow

It's EU so you may be impressed.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Wow Wow x 1
  9. Reagent

Reagent Janitor Staff Member Janitor Site Director

Reminds me of 2015/16 Fallout servers, I'll definitely stop by and play. Good luck with your server.

10. Mattster

Mattster New Member

Thanks for the support guys, the server will be opening tonight at 7PM British time so 2PM eastern time for any US players, depending on player count there will be an event.

11. shore

shore Well-Known Member

how's it going so far?

12. Mattster

Mattster New Member

It's going very well so far, I've had positive feedback from people after playing and plenty of people return, we just have a rather small player base at the moment which is a shame.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
Moderators: gabs, Reagent, Vlad